🇺🇸 Melissa Graves-Brown

Melissa Graves-Brown


I was born in Fort Myers, Florida in 1969. I received a B.F.A. from Auburn University in 1993, then continued to the University of Pennsylvania for a Masters of Fine Art. It has been an exciting challenge to combine my inspiration from East to West.
Recently painting a series of landscapes, I am creating a body of work with an emphasis on imagination and attention to Nature. I paint mostly from a minds eye; however, I am inspired by Idaho’s grand landscape. I have been painting with a freshness which is emotionally and intuitively driven; first thinking of color, then contrast as surface tones. I hope to capture the interest of the viewer with nuances and subtle layering of paint. Color remains my subject, only pushed into the shape of a landscape. Eventually, the painting takes on a life of its own.
Encourage your imagination and be inspired by color.






















Comments