Nigel Cox

Nigel Cox




I was born in Newry Co. Down Ireland and grew up on the edge of Dundalk, a
small market town in County Louth, just below the border. I went to the
Dundalk Grammar School.

As a child I vividly remember drawing cartoons and superheroes from my comics. 
I had a scrapbook of my favourite ones which I kept for years  . . . sadly it
disappeared in a move.


I chose to go to college in England. Partly because it seemed somehow more exciting
and adventurous than studying at home. After graduating from Riversdale College in
Liverpool I joined the Transglobe Expedition, led by Sir Ranulph Fiennes. This three-year
expedition successfully achieved the first circumnavigation of the globe on land, sea and
ice via North and South poles along the Greenwich Meridian and changed my life forever.


















Comments